So I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now... and today is the day I will make my first official post! I am still trying to figure out how this website works and all, so bare with me :)
Most of the posts will most likely involve one of 5 things... 1) My hubby 2) our new puppy, Novi! 3) our new house!! 4) fashion+design 5) my obsession with wedding design. 2011 was a crazy year and a lot of new and wonderful things have happened.
- One of my childhood friends, Anne, got married in April!
- My friend Kelly and cousin Scott moved in together after renovating their home... it's pretty much the cutest house ever!
- My sister, Jackie, and her hubby, Bart, had their firstborn, Teddy. (first-time auntie over here!)
- Justin and I are now referred to as... Auntie Em and Unkie J
- One of my other friends, Katie, got engaged - yay!
- My friend Andrea finished PA school in Chicago and found a great job back in STL!
- I married the best man I know, Justin, on October 7th!
- Planning the wedding pretty much consumed my entire life for the entire year...!
- I bought my first car ...and I really feel like a big girl now.
- We adopted a cute Japanese Chin/Shih Tzu mix puppy and named her Novi.
- My husband got a great new job in the same field that he is already in... he starts on Monday.
- My friend Anne told me she is expecting her 2nd little one!!
- Katie asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding - so excited :)
See!? I told you it was an eventful year!
...And 2012 has been no different thus far. We just bought a new house... yes... after 1.5 years of looking, we finally found one. And who would've thought that it would be in the exact same subdivision I grew up in for 20-some years!?! Yep, we are moving 5 houses down from my mom and pops. Crazy!
|Anne on her wedding day!|
|The cutest nephew in the whole world... Theodore.|
|Me with my best girl friends!|
|Yep, I'm that dork that took a picture with my new car.|
|Novi-bear :) She's the cutest.|
|Our house! ...needs some curb appeal, but we'll get there.|