Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Palms Kitchen Reno - The Island

Hello!  Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Justin and I worked on the kitchen and painting the living room, hall, and foyer this weekend.  If you follow me on Snapchat, you've seen some sneak peeks! 

Today is a short post but I wanted to talk a little bit about our island!  I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I'm going to have seating on both opposing sides of the island.  I was a little nervous about this decision because it isn't very common.  When I looked through inspiration photos I could never really find anything that showed this type of layout.  You typically see seating in an adjacent configuration like so:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FxKHd36ciFI/U82thC5QsoI/AAAAAAABdRs/q-eHMMCHiTM/s1600/9c2dd942d151d2eac25f3e18e9584603.jpg
Source

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9b/35/27/9b352726e1fc5f2519b0914e053fd132.jpg
Source Unknown
Or you see seating at the end of an island:

0557-128.jpg
Source
Source

I finally found a couple of images that made me feel confident about the layout decision.  

I love this kitchen:  

Source
And then this is a house I found that J.Lo is considering purchasing.  (If J.Lo likes it then it must be good, right?!)

Source
Now the question is, posts or no posts?  I know some of you weighed in on Instagram a few weeks ago when I posed the question (thank you for your feedback!)  I'm still undecided.  We get our counters installed on Friday and then I will be able to see how it looks without the posts.  If I REALLY feel like I need posts, I will find a way to get them in afterward. 

So what do you think?  Posts or no posts?

Have a great week!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment